The Healthcare Packaging market was valued at USD 182.72 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 265.45 billion by the year 2028, at a CAGR of 5.48% globally.
Healthcare packaging has multiple significant features but its most important function is to protect the products or medical devices that are used to save and preserve human life. The purpose of the healthcare packaging is to maintain the highest medical guidelines and norms. Packaging helps to keep the product stable, protects the product from breakage and tampering, and is easy to ship. Healthcare packaging is an essential element for sellers and costumer because sellers it used to distribute, store and promote the product, and costumer used it for identification. The packaging of pharmaceutical products requires special care and attention the different products because it has different criteria for packaging. According to the requirements of the medicine or products, packaging materials are selected to maintain the product in stable condition. Healthcare packaging is also used to store products and types of equipment for a long period to maintain the chemical as well as physical properties of products.
Major Key Players for Healthcare Packaging Market:
- Schott and other major players.
Market Dynamics and Factors:
Healthcare packaging has a wide range of applications such as it provides product protection, reducing product contamination, protecting the product from chemical deterioration by preventing exposure to moisture, oxygen, light, temperature fluctuations, etc. Because these increases in the adoption of healthcare packaging drive the global market. In addition to this rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases, due to this increase, the research and development of the new drug help to drive the market. Due to changing lifestyles of people, they become health conscious and like to buy packed products, government policies regarding the safety and quality of products, are helps to drive the healthcare packaging market.
Healthcare Packaging Market Report Highlight:
- Based on Type, Pharmaceutical Packaging is expected to have the maximum market share in the Healthcare Packaging market during the forecast period. To protect and preserve the quality of products healthcare packaging is extensively used in pharmaceutical industries. The growing market players in the pharmaceutical sector help to drive the market.
- Based on Material Type, the polymer is expected to dominate the Healthcare Packaging market share during the forecast period. Polymer is called plastic, it is durable, lightweight, and cost-effective. Plastic packaging can last for an extended period without damage.
- Based on Packaging, primary packaging anticipated high growth in the Healthcare Packaging market during the forecast period. Primary packaging preserves the finished products from contamination and provides information about the product to consumers.
- Based on End users, the Pharmaceutical segment is expected to dominate the healthcare packaging market during the forecast period. Effective packaging is an important element in the pharmaceutical industry. Increasing research and developments of pharmaceutical drugs drive the market for healthcare packaging.
- Based on the region, North America is anticipated to grab the maximum market share of the Healthcare Packaging market over the projected period. Increasing healthcare and medical industries, and the growing demand for healthy and nutritional products in this region are the factors that drive the market.
Key Industry Development:
- In April 2022, Amcor a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging solutions, announced the addition of new, the low carbon, recycle-ready packaging options deliver, it providing the high barrier and performance requirements needed for the industry while supporting pharmaceutical companies’ recyclability agendas.
- In February 2020, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. launched several new, innovative pharmaceutical containment and closure offerings at Pharmapack, France. The company introduced two AccelTRA component line extensions, a Flip-Off Seal container closure (CCS) compatible with the 5mL Daikyo Crystal Zenith vial, and a Ready Pack system with SCHOTT’s adaptiQ platform.
Healthcare Packaging Market Segmentation:
- Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Medical Packaging
By Material Type
- Non-Woven Fabric
- Primary Packaging
- Secondary Packaging
- Tertiary Packaging
- Medical Devices
- In-Vitro Diagnostic Products
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the Healthcare Packaging Market based on the region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2022-2028)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM