The Organic Seeds Market size is projected to reach USD 9.79 billion by 2028 from an estimated USD 4.99 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 10.4% globally.
Organic seeds are produced by the organic farming method. The production of organic seeds contains growing the seeds crop by a set of guidelines that inhibit the use of chemicals and synthetic products. The production of organic seeds requires a source of seed, registration of seed plot, land, isolation, space isolation, cultivation practices, plant protection, roughing, field inspection, harvesting, threshing, drying, and sealing of raw seed, seed processing, bagging, and tagging. Standard production of seeds also requires chemical herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and fertilizers for the high quality and purity of seeds. For the organic seeds, treatment is necessary to improve their health and productivity and protect germinating seeds from pathogens. Treatment includes hot water, biological and plant extracts, bleach disinfection, and biologicals (microbes). Organic seed production increases due to the rising demand of its propelling the growth of the market.
Major Key Players for Organic Seeds Market
- Seeds of Change
- Wild Garden Seeds
- Arnica Kwekerij
- Territorial Seed Company
- Organic Seed Alliance
- Fedco Seeds Inc.
- Wild Garden Seed
- Johnny Selected Seed
- High Mowing Organic Seeds
- Renee’s Garden
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- De Bolster Organic Seeds
Market Dynamics and Factors
Increase in the area of organic farming support the growth of the market. For instance, according to Statista, in 2020, the area of organic production accounted for 74.9 million hectares worldwide. In addition to this, the growing demand for healthy food products and beverages in the world, increase the government support for organic farming, advanced technology, development of new effective fertilizers, growing awareness about the side effects of chemicals, and rising the research and developments of organic seeds related activities. These all factors support the growth of the market for organic seeds. Moreover, the weak infrastructure of regulatory bodies for the cultivation of organic seeds which contain different agricultural practices such as organic, conventional, and genetically engineered, may produce contaminated crops are projected to hamper the growth of the market of organic seeds in the analysis year.
Organic Seeds Market Report Highlight:
- By type, the fruits and vegetable crop seeds segment is expected to have the maximum market share in the organic seeds during the projected period. The rising awareness about the food benefits among the people and high product availability support the growth of the market of organic seeds in the forecast year.
- By farm type, the outdoor segment is predicted to expand the most in the Organic Seeds market during the forecast year. Most people do outdoor farming because of the presence of the largest land that propels the growth of the market.
- By application, the agriculture segment is anticipated to dominate the organic seeds market during the forecast period. The increase in the availability of farmland and favorable climate boosts the growth of the market.
- By region, North America is expected to dominate the organic seeds market, during the projected period. The increase in the demand for organic foods and beverages in this region supports the growth of the market.
Key Industry Development:
- In May 2021, for acquiring Farmer Direct Organic Foods Ltd., Above Food Corp. signed a purchase agreement that offers organic certified grains and legume proteins. This acquisition helps Above Food Corp. to expand its organic seed product portfolio.
- In March 2020, a distributor of vegetable and floral seeds Graines Voltz signed an agreement with BASF SE to buy the Germany-based HILD Samen business. The merger helps Graines Voltz to expand its market share in the distribution of vegetable seeds in Europe.
Organic Seeds Market Segmentation
- Fruits and Vegetable Crop Seeds
- Field Crop Seeds
- Oilseed Crop Seeds
- Cash Crop Seeds
By Farm Type
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the Organic Seeds Market based on region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2022-2028)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
Be First to Comment