Video on Demand Market
Video on Demand market was valued at USD 65.05 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 130.16 billion by the year 2028 at a CAGR of 14.88%.
Video on demand is a new technology that is used to serve graphic content such as videos, movies, and television shows online directly to specific individual customers for immediate viewing depending on their preferences. Video on demand is provided by using different devices such as smartphones, tablets, television, and many others. It provides a wide range of video content such as movies, music, TV series, and sports to users. Streaming and downloading both types of content available for the customer to watch any time and from anywhere. The online platform and real-time video streaming of ultra-high-quality using smartphones, televisions, and other devices give a boost to this market. Video-on-demand providers such as Amazon, Netflix, Holster, and many others give this service through IP TV, Over-The-Top, and Pay television all over the world. According to Statista in global comparison, most revenue will be generated in the United States (USD40, 760.00m in 2022).
Major Key Players for Video on Demand Market:
- Comcast Corporation
- Facebook Inc.
- Google LLC
- Home Box Office
- Microsoft Corporation
- Netflix Inc.
- Rakuten Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- The British Broadcasting Corporation
- The Walt Disney Company (Hulu, Hotstar)
- Viacom CBS
- Zee Media Corporation (Essel Group).
Download a Free Sample Copy of the Market Report:
Market Dynamics and Factors:
Video on demand is a service that enables users to view video content from a wide range of digital libraries through the internet. This delivers the services to users through multiple platforms and connected devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers, cable television, and smart TVs this is a largely used device by people that provides a large consumer base to this platform and helps to boost the growth of the video-on-demand market. Additionally, due to the COVID-19 virus Movie, theatres and screening venues across the world were shut down for a long period which directed the people toward the OTT platform that propels the growth of the market. For instance, Netflix has grown into one of the most used video streaming services in the world. The number of Netflix subscribers is nearly 214 million in 2021. Two out of three people in the US have a Netflix subscription. However, increasing the rate of subscription would be hampering the growth of the video-on-demand market.
Video on Demand Market Report Highlight:
- By revenue model, the subscription segment is expected to have the maximum market share in the video-on-demand market during the projected period. This segment is high in demand as it gives easy access to the viewer for whatever content they want to watch which is garnering a lot of audiences increasing its growth.
- By content, the entertainment segment is predicted to expand the most in the video-on-demand market during the forecast year. The increasing demand from the viewers for the original movies and series on the OTT platform is helping in increasing the video on-demand market.
- By region, North America is expected to dominate the Video on Demand Market, during the projection period. Most of the key players in this region like Amazon, Netflix, and Apple boost the growth of the video on-demand market in North America.
Inquiry Before Purchase:
Key Industry Development:
- In July 2021, LiveU, the leader in live video streaming and remote production solutions, announced that global investment firm Carlyle has acquired the Company from Francisco Partners, a global investment firm that specializes in partnering with technology businesses
- In January 2020, Roku Inc announced its new launch in Brazil for easy access to the international consumers across the globe expanding their Video on demand market.
Video on Demand Market Segmentation:
By Revenue Model
- Transactional Video on Demand (TVoD)
- Subscription Video on Demand (SVoD)
- Advertisement Video on Demand (AVoD)
- Education and Information
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the Video on Demand Market based on region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2022-2028)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
Pick Up This Reports: –
Scope of the Report:
The objective of the research is to provide the market knowledge and strategic insights to assist decision-makers in making informed investment decisions and identifying potential gaps and growth opportunities. Historical revenue and sales volume are reported, and additional data is triangulated using top-down and bottom-up methodologies to predict forecast numbers for important regions covered in the research, as well as classified and well-known Types and end-use industries. Video on Demand Market study explores the competitive landscape of the global market. In addition to rival market share research, in-depth profiling, product/service, and business overviews, the study focuses on BCG matrix, heat map analysis, and SWOT analysis to better correlate market competitiveness. Five forces analysis, Ansoff matrix, PESTEL analysis, and value chain analysis are used to better understand market conditions.
Browse Our Related News:
Introspective Market Research (introspectivemarketresearch.com) is a visionary research consulting firm dedicated to assisting our clients to grow and have a successful impact on the market. Our team at IMR is ready to assist our clients to flourish their business by offering strategies to gain success and monopoly in their respective fields. We are a global market research company, that specializes in using big data and advanced analytics to show the bigger picture of the market trends. We help our clients to think differently and build better tomorrow for all of us. We are a technology-driven research company, we analyze extremely large sets of data to discover deeper insights and provide conclusive consulting. We not only provide intelligence solutions, but we help our clients in how they can achieve their goals.
Introspective Market Research
3001 S King Drive,
Ph no: +1-773-382-1047